Sunday, February 27 2022 at 4:00 pm
Hosted by the Lakeway Arts Committee
- Crosley March -Henry Philmore, edited by Robert E. Foster
- Three Polish Folk Songs – Mark D. Slater
- The Mandalorian – Ludwig Goransson, arranged by Paul Murtha
- Flight of Fancy – Timothy Johnson
- Pas Redoublé – Camille Saint-Saëns, transcribed by Arthur Frackenpohl
- Caravan – Duke Ellington, Irving Mills, Juan Tizol, arranged by Richard Saucedo
- Country Band Stand – James Syler
- In Autumn Skies – Kamioka Youichi
- Palladio – Karl Jenkins, arranged by Robert Longfield
- Pop and Rock Legends: Music of the Beatles – Arranged by Michael Sweeney
Bob Dalrymple, Music Director
Band of the Hills has been very fortunate to have director Bob Dalrymple since the very first rehearsal in 1998. Bob received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Texas at Austin. During his 40+ year career, bands under Bob’s direction have performed and won competitions in Texas, Colorado, Louisiana, Florida, Missouri and Georgia. In 1987 his band represented the United States as the first high school band to tour Russia in years. Bob taught for 20 years in the Round Rock ISD. While at Round Rock High School, his marching band won the first UIL State Marching Contest. Bob has served as Region Band Chairman, contest chairman, clinician, adjudicator and conductor.
While at UT, Bob was President of the Fine Arts Council, President of the music service fraternity, Phi Mu Alpha, a member of Kappa Kappa Psi, worked in the Dean’s office and was a stage manager of the Austin Symphony Orchestra. He has been a member of Phi Beta Mu, Phi Mu Alpha, the Texas Music Educators Association, Texas Bandmasters Association, Phi Kappa Phi and Iota Kappa Lambda.
Mark D. Slater, Associate Conductor and Composer
Mark D. Slater received his Bachelor Degree in Music Education from the Crane School of Music at SUNY-Potadam and his Master’s Degree in Instrumental Conducting from the University of Texas at Austin. He has studied with Anthony Maiello, Tom Lee, and Glen Adait (conducting), Robert Washburn (composition), Arther Frackenpohl (orchestration), and Ray Crisara, John Schorge, and Fred “Moe” Snyder (trumpet).
A retired public school music educator of thirty-one years, Mr. Slater has taught band at all levels from fourth grade through college. Twenty-six of those years were at Old Saybrook Middle School in Old Saybrook, CT. While teaching, he was an active member of NafME, CMEA, TMEA, ASBDA, and Phi Beta Mu. He has had the privilege of serving as guest conductor for bands and festivals in Massachusetts, New York, Texas, and Connecticut.
In addition to teaching, Mr. Slater worked as a professional trumpet player in a wide range of venues. Most notably, he was the staff trumpet player for Goodspeed Musicals for over twenty years.
Mr. Slater also has a varied background as a composer and arrange for both instrumental and vocal ensembles. His most recent commissioned work for band include “Fanfare and Jubilation” for the 125th anniversary of the Crane School of Music, “Though I Walk Through The Valley” for Johnson High School in Buda, TX, and “Acadia Celebration Overture” for the Acadia Wind Ensemble in Maine.
In addition to composing and arranging, Mark is also busy teaching trumpet lessons and master classes for schools in the Hays Consolidated Independent School District.
He and his wife, Wanda, currently reside in Uhland, TX.
Maegan Schneider, Guest Conductor
In 1995, Maegan Schneider moved to Austin to attend The Unversity of Texas School of Music. While at UT, she played oboe in The University of Texas Symphony Band and marched flags in the Longhorn Marching Band. She also served as Color Guard Section Leader and as President of Longhorn Band. She was named a Distinguished Teaching Fellow and awarded The Vincent R. DiNino scholarship. She was a counselor for Longhorn Music Camp and, upon graduation, taught at the camp as a private instructor, master class teacher, and a woodwind specialist for the bands.
Maegan graduation from The University of Texas at Austin with her degree in Music Education in 2000. She taught band at Lamar Middle School and McCallum High School, where she also served as the color guard instructor.
Maegan has taught privately for over 25 years and continues to work as a private music instructor. In 2016, she founded the Schneider Summer Band Camp. The camp’s purpose is to help her kids and their friends as well as parents to have fun making music together over the summer. She loves working with them and watching them grow while having fun together. The annual concert is a highlight of her year.
Maegan has helped teach and conduct the New Horizons Community Band, been the principle oboist and guest conductor for Band of the Hills. She is honored to serve the band in this capacity.
Maegan is married to her high school sweetheart and fellow Band of the Hills saxophonist, Ben Schneider. They live in Leander and have three children: Kaiden (17), Kase (13), and Kolbie (6). Kaiden and Kase have both performed with Band of the Hills over the years, making this a true family affair.
About Lakeway Arts Committee
Sponsors the following free programs:
- Cool Art Show & Sale and Studio Tour – annual show featuring local artists
- Permanent Art Collections – through art acquisitions
- Paintings, pottery & sculptures – indoors
- Bronze sculptures & kinetic metal sculptures – outdoors
- Designed the City limits Gateway Monument Sculptures
- Photo Festival – annual photography contest
- Big Band Bash – monthly concert featuring Republic of Texas Big Band for listening and dancing pleasure
- Brown Bag Concert Series – January & February lunch concerts (postponed)
- Sunday Afternoon Concerts – classical to contemporary, opera, theatrical and dance
- Special Events – Austin Symphony Orchestra collaboration with Lake Travis High School orchestra and band
Lakeway Arts Committee Members of 2022 include Kelly Brynteson, Victoria Dawson, Paula Ellis, Allisyn Martin, Bob Michelson, Sarah Walters and Janet Wright, chairperson.
Visit https://www.lakeway-tx.gov/515/Arts-Committee for more information.
We would like to thank our sponsors. We could not do this without their support. When you go to one of our sponsoring businesses, let them know you heard about us through Band of the Hills.
Maestro Sponsors: $500+
- Brittman Family Trust
- Preston Cariton, In Memory
- Cattle Drive Productions
- Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation
- Jane Genthe, In Memory of
- Susan Henrichson
- Carolyn G. Holloway
- Majestic Percussion
- Northpoint Church, Cedar Park
- Christopher Painter
- Russell Venture Corporation
Corporate Sponsors: $250-$499
- Action Propane, Leander
- Advantage IR
- Shannon Balch, In Memory
- Cox Office Furniture
- Robert and Mylinda Dalrymple
- George Diego Photo
- Ronald Reagan Blvd. Storage
- Ben and Meagan Schneider
- Steve Stubbs
Gold Sponsors: $100-$249
- David Childs
- Gil Debner, CPA
- David Mack Endres, Bending Ray LLC
- Paul and Beth Davis
- Foot Specialist of Cedar Park & Georgetown
- Teresa Gardner
- Genesis Off Road
- Steve and Melanie Hudson
- Thomas Andrew Linton, DDS
- Louese Meyer, In Memory of
- Michial and Coleen Meyer
- Rick and Rhonda Reinesch
- Barbara Schaffer, R Bank
- Nisha Shaw
- Texas Nutrition Consultants
Silver Sponsors: $50-$99
- Bush’s Chicken, Cedar Park
- Ray and Jenell Cole
- Esquivel Events
- Marty Ledge
- Los Reyes Mexican Restaurant
- Amy Murray
- C.P. and R.F. Norris
- Jonathon Patschke
- Mark and Susan Schif
- Victoria Tolan
- Villarreal and Begum Texas Law Guns
- Waley Insurance Agency
Bronze Sponsors: $30-$49
- Law Office of David Breston
- Music and Arts
- Andrea Phanuef, Areiva Designs
- Gayla Recktenwald
- Strait Music
- Karin White
- Ivan Antezama
- Zachariah Antezama
- Nisi Armistead
- Stephen Brown
- Kelly Coggin
- Don Ekvall
- Rod and Sherri Frasier
- Jacqueline Gauthier
- Ed and Martina Hernandez
- Matt Hernandez
- Terry Lindsey
- Price Appraisals and Realty PLC
- Teresa Scaffidi
- Colin Tracey
- Sarah Wagstaff
- Terrell and Sarah Webster
- Doug Wonder
Band of the Hills is part of Amazon Smile! When you register your Amazon account with us, Band of the Hills will receive a percentage of your purchase at no cost to you. Just go here and your purchases support the band.
To do this manually:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com and log into your account.
2. Select the option to Change Your Charity.
3. Enter Band of the Hills Cedar Park in the search box.
4. Click Select.
5. Be sure to always shop at smile.amazon.com.
Purchases made at amazon.com do not count.
Band of the Hills is part of the Randalls Good Neighbor Program. If you have a Randalls savings card, you can link it to Band of the Hills and we will receive 1% based on quarterly purchases. To do this, fill out the form at the customer service desk at any Randalls store and put in the number for Band of the Hills, 13731.